What are Dermal Filler products?
Dermal fillers, also known as soft tissue fillers, injectable implants or wrinkle fillers, are medical device implants that are used to create a smoother and/or fuller appearance of the face, including nasolabial folds, cheeks and lips, as well as for increasing the volume of the backs of the hands.
What are Dermal Filler products used for?
- For the correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and skin folds, such as nasolabial folds, which are the wrinkles on the sides of your mouth that extend towards the nose often referred to as ‘smile lines’
- For the correction of acne scars on the cheeks of patients over the age of 21 years
- For the restoration and/or correction of the signs of facial fat loss (lipoatrophy) in people with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)
- For the correction of contour deficiencies
- For hand augmentation, which increase the volume of the backs of the hands
Brands of Dermal Fillers
- Juvederm: Juvederm is a family of injectable hyaluronic acid dermal fillers used to provide 9 months to 1 year of correction for moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds.
- Restylane: Restylane is an FDA-approved dermal filler made of biodegradable, non-animal stabilized hyaluronic acid (NASHA).
- Belotero: The Belotero range consists of advanced dermal fillers made of hyaluronic acid, which offer excellent skin integration. Belotero products are ideal for smoothing and filling wrinkles as well as for lip augmentation, skin rehydration and restoring facial volume.
Why should I buy Dermal Fillers products at Doctor Medica?
Doctor Medica is an established online retailer that sells many dermal filler products. We guarantee the authenticity of all our products. Doctor Medica offers the best dermal fillers at affordable wholesale prices.
Types of Dermal Fillers
- Hyaluronic acid fillers: Hyaluronic acid fillers, such as Juvederm, are by far the most common type of dermal filler. Made of a polysaccharide sugar that is naturally present in the body, these fillers are non-immunogenic, resorbable, and biocompatible. These gels are colorless, which makes them ideal for superficial injection. When implanted, they plump the skin by binding to and attracting water molecules to the implant site.
- Calcium hydroxyapatite fillers: Calcium hydroxyapatite fillers like Radiesse are unique because they can be categorized as both volume replacement and collagen biostimulation fillers, meaning that they have both immediate and prolonged volumizing effects. Radiesse is made of synthetic calcium hydroxyapatite microparticles suspended in a 70% aqueous carboxymethylcellulose gel, which stimulates collagen synthesis. Over time, these microparticles degrade naturally into calcium and phosphate ions by phagocytes, leading to the development of newly formed collagen. Radiesse’s biostimulating mode of action extends results longer than volume replacement fillers.