DESIRIAL® 19 mg/g - 2 x 1 ml
- Helps restore hydration, elasticity, tone, and sensitivity of the vulvo-vaginal area.
- Can help improve quality of life for women affected by vaginal dryness and irritation.
- Hyaluronic acid helps hold moisture and restore volume while mannitol reduces swelling and inflammation after treatment.
- Suitable for women of child-bearing age or in menopause.
Cross-linked hyaluronic acid (BDDE) 19 mg/g; phosphate buffer, pH 7.2 q.s. 1 g; and mannitol.
- Hyaluronic acid: holds moisture within tissue to restore hydration and volume while stimulating cell activity.
- Mannitol: an antioxidant to help reduce swelling and inflammation after treatment and reduce hyaluronic acid degradation.
- Obtain patient's free and informed consent before treatment.
- Review patient's medical history with the patient.
- Explain indications and expected results to patient. Verify you can fulfill patient's expectations. Explain contraindications, precautions, potential adverse events, and other important information.
- Perform a thorough examination to eliminate the possibility of fungal, viral, or bacterial infection, or vulvo-vaginal inflammation.
- Ensure injectable is at room temperature.
- Observe current rules for injection asepsis and handling.
- The manufacturer recommends using Lidocaine or another anesthesia.
- Use the needles supplied with the injectable. Firmly screw needle or cannula onto syringe's luer lock tip.
- Ensure needle has penetrated correctly before injecting.
- Inject slowly either subcutaneously using 27 G 1/2 needles to treat slight hypotrophy or into the deep dermis using 30 G 1/2 needles for bio-stimulation.
- For injection into the vulvar labia majora or minora, inject subcutaneously along longitudinal axis. Use a linear retro-tracing technique, either fan or lattice. You may also inject 2 to 3 cm on either side of the entrance to the vagina using the multi-puncture technique.
- Do not overcorrect. Inject no more than 20 ml cross-linked hyaluronic acid per person per year.
- If patient experiences increased pain during injection, stop injecting and withdraw needle or cannula.
- If needle or cannula is blocked, do not increase pressure. Replace the needle or cannula.
- Gently massage treated area for optimal correction evenness.
- After treatment, properly dispose of syringe, residual product, needles, and cannulas.
- Schedule a follow-up consultation a few days after the injection.
- Depending on the patient, injection depth, and characteristics of the treated area, you may need to administer a second injection session. Administer follow-up injections regularly to help maintain the desired correction.
- This is a single-use product. Do not re-use. Use on more than a single patient risks cross-contamination.
- Do not resterilize. Inject immediately after opening and discard after injection.
- Not for injections other than into subcutaneous vulvar labia majora or vaginal mucous membrane.
- Not for injection into clitoral area or labia minora.
- Not for injection close to or within the urethra.
- Not for use in patients with a tendency to develop hypertrophic scars.
- Not for use in patients with a known hypersensitivity to hyaluronic acid, mannitol, or any other ingredient in this injectable.
- Not for use in pregnant women.
- Not for use in breastfeeding women.
- Not for use in children.
- Not for use in areas with clinical signs of inflammation or infection, including bacterial, fungal such as thrush, or viral such as papilloma or herpes. Not for use in patients after treatment for one of these infections.
- Not for use in blood vessels.
- If patient has a history of genital herpes, the needle punctures may trigger a new episode.
- Not for injection close to menstruation.
- Do not use quaternary ammonium derivatives for disinfection. These could irritate genital mucous membranes.
- Not for injection into blood vessels or muscles.
- If patient has a history of or currently has autoimmune disease or cancer in an area close to the injection site, decide case-by-case whether to inject, depending on nature of illness and associated treatment. Ensure special monitoring of these patients, including offering a double test before treatment and not injecting if the disease is active.
- Perform a double test before treating patients with a history of streptococcal disease including recurrent sore throat or acute rheumatic fever. The manufacturer does not recommend injecting if there is a history of acute rheumatic fever with cardiac localization.
- There is no clinical data on injecting this implant into an area corrected by implants of other brands, so the manufacturer does not recommend this.
- Do not use if package is open or damaged.
- Do not mix with other products.
- Do not use cannula if you are treating Female Sexual Dysfunction (FSD).
- For injection by legally-authorized practitioners with experience using injection techniques for similar products and with a good anatomical knowledge of treatment site.
- In the week before treatment, patient should avoid taking aspirin, NSAIDs, platelet aggregation inhibiting drugs, anticoagulants, or vitamin C.
- Patient should notify their doctor if they are undergoing anticoagulant treatment or have a haemostatic disorder, because there is an increased risk of haematomas.
- For ten days after injection, patients should avoid going to wet locations, such as swimming pools, gyms, steam rooms, and jacuzzis.
- For five days after injection, patient should avoid any sexual activity.
- For several days after injection, patient should avoid any activity that puts pressure on the treated area, including cycling and horseback riding.
- Slight bleeding after injection.
- Inflammatory reactions, such as redness, edema (swelling), erythema, itching, and pain at injection site.
- Indurations or nodules.
- Coloration or discoloration in injection area.
- Post-injection pain.
- Difficulty urinating or compression of the urethra.
- Rarely, necrosis (tissue death), abscess, granulomas, and hypersensitivity.
Injection-related reactions usually disappear after a few days. Adverse events may increase in patients with a severe predisposition to allergies, dermatological disease, haemostasis problems, or inflammatory disease. If side effects last longer than a week, or other adverse events appear, patient must notify their doctor. These may not be all the possible side effects.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is DESIRIAL®?
This injectable helps rejuvenate the vulvo-vaginal area during menopause or after childbirth. The cross-linked hyaluronic acid gel helps restore moisture and volume, with mannitol for antioxidant protection. The dermal filler can help improve hydration, elasticity, tone, and sensitivity for improved quality of life.
When should I use this injectable?
- The results of this injectable treatment usually last about a year or two.
- To help maintain their rejuvenated look and feel, your patients should return every year or two for a follow-up treatment.
Why do doctors use this injectable?
Dermatologists, plastic surgeons, and other doctors use this injectable to help restore the vulvo-vaginal area to a more youthful look and feel. This can include dyspareunia (painful intercourse), vaginal dryness, vulvodynia (chronic pain), irritation, discomfort, itching, or a sensation of heat. Use this filler to treat vulvar dehydration with hydration and biostimulation.
How does DESIRIAL® work?
As hormone balances change during menopause or after pregnancy, the vulvo-vaginal area can become dry and lose its natural volume. This injectable contains hyaluronic acid, best known for its use in dermal fillers to hold moisture and add volume. In the vulvo-vaginal area, this hyaluronic acid can add volume to restore balance to the labia majora. The added moisture also helps hydrate the area, treating vaginal dryness and reducing related irritation and discomfort. Hyaluronic acid can also stimulate collagen and elastin growth, and this can help improve the mucosa quality.
When and how do I use DESIRIAL®?
How do I use this injectable?
You should inject this hyaluronic acid filler every one or two years to maintain treatment results. Inject the gel into the subcutaneous layer of the labia majora or into the mucous membrane of the vagina. After the injection, massage the treated area to ensure the gel is evenly distributed.
- Administer these injections every year or two.
- Using a needle, inject the gel into the subcutaneous layer of the labia majora or into the vagina's mucous membrane.
- Massage the treated area to ensure uniform distribution.
Can this injectable be combined with other treatments?
The manufacturer does not recommend injecting this filler into an area containing other brands of implants.
How do I store DESIRIAL®?
Store between 2° C and 25° C. Keep away from frost and light. Not adhering to storage conditions could alter the filler's performance. Use before expiry date listed on package.
Where can I buy DESIRIAL®?
You can buy DESIRIAL® online at Doctor Medica by choosing a quantity and adding to cart. You can also phone a helpful customer service associate to order this vaginal rejuvenation injectable or other cosmetic and medical supplies.
Laboratoires Vivacy Corporate Website
More Vaginoplasty Information
Through Doctormedica.co, cosmetic and orthopaedic products are offered wholesale to licensed practitioners, clinics and hospitals. Go to Doctormedica.co, call 1-866-343-2413, or e-mail info@Doctormedica.co for more information.
*Doctor Medica offers only genuine products from the original manufacturers. All brands listed here are the trademarks of their respective owners and Doctor Medica is not affiliated with them in any way.