RESTYLANE® SKINBOOSTERS VITAL LIGHT™ - HOW TO USE AND HOW TO APPLY THE RIGHT INJECTION TECHNIQUE
- Inform patient about indications, expected results, precautions, and potential adverse events.
- Assess patient's need for pain relief.
- Follow strict aseptic technique.
- Clean treatment site thoroughly with suitable antiseptic solution.
- Firmly hold glass syringe barrel and luer-lock adapter using thumb and forefinger.
- Using other hand, grasp needle shield or cannula hub, then push and rotate firmly to assemble. Improper assembly may cause needle and syringe to separate during injection.
- Do not attempt to bend or manipulate needle or cannula before or during treatment or it may break.
- To activate Smart Click System, press down on button located on finger grip until it locks into place.
- Before you inject, press syringe rod carefully until small droplet of gel is visible at needle tip, which removes air.
- If using a cannula, make an entry point into the skin using a sharp needle. Inject slowly, keeping cannula hole facing downwards, away from the skin's surface, to ensure you maintain gel flow at the correct tissue depth.
- Inject into the skin's mid-dermal layer.
- Do not apply excessive pressure. If needle or cannula encounter resistance, such as from the presence of scar tissue, partially withdraw and reposition or fully withdraw to check for function.
- Avoid injecting too large a volume or too superficially because this may cause bumps.
- If overlying skin blanches (turns a whitish color), stop injecting immediately and massage the area until normal color returns.
- Gently massage treated areas after injection if you notice any irregularities.
- The manufacturer recommends performing three treatments two to four weeks apart, with a maintenance treatment every four to six months. Results and patient preferences may vary.
- Properly dispose of syringe, needle, and any unused material.