|1 - 5
|6 - 10
|11 - 20
Desirial Plus is a sterile injectable gel made of hyaluronic acid and mannitol. It is commonly used to treat moderate to severe hypotrophy, or atrophy of the vulvar labia majora. At the same time, it is effective against female sexual dysfunction (FSD) associated with the collapse of the G-spot.
- Helps restore hydration and volume to the labia majora.
- Increased volume helps protect the vulva, reducing irritation.
- Hyaluronic acid holds moisture and helps stimulate collagen and elastin.
- Suitable for women of childbearing age or in menopause.
Cross-linked hyaluronic acid (BDDE) 21 mg; phosphate buffer, pH 7.2 q.s. 1 g; and mannitol.
- Hyaluronic acid: helps retain moisture within tissues to restore volume, and helps stimulate cell activity.
- Mannitol: an antioxidant to help protect hyaluronic acid from degradation and to help reduce swelling and inflammation after treatment.
- Obtain patient’s free and informed consent before treatment.
- Review patient’s medical history with the patient.
- Explain indications and expected results to patient. Verify you can fulfill patient’s expectations. Explain contraindications, precautions, potential adverse events, and other important information.
- Perform a thorough examination to eliminate the possibility of fungal, viral, or bacterial infection, or vulvo-vaginal inflammation.
- Ensure injectable is at room temperature.
- Observe current rules for injection asepsis and handling.
- Use Lidocaine or another anesthesia if desired for FSD. The manufacturer recommends anesthesia for injection into the labia majora.
- Use the cannula or needles supplied with the injectable. Firmly screw needle or cannula onto syringe’s luer lock tip.
- Ensure needle has penetrated correctly before injecting.
- Inject slowly into the subcutaneous vulvar labia majora or vaginal mucous membrane.
- For Female Sexual Dysfunction (FSD), position patient in a gynecological position, with speculum valves positioned laterally. Locate the rough injection area, the G-spot, 2 to 4 cm from the vaginal opening on the vagina’s anterior surface. Inject under the vaginal mucous membrane on either side of the urethra using a 27 G 1/2 needle.
- For injection into the vulvar labia majora, inject subcutaneously along longitudinal axis. Use a linear retro-tracing technique, and choose the 18 G cannula.
- Do not overcorrect. Inject no more than 20 ml cross-linked hyaluronic acid per person per year.
- If patient experiences increased pain during injection, stop injecting and withdraw needle or cannula.
- If needle or cannula is blocked, do not increase pressure. Replace the needle or cannula.
- Gently massage treated area for optimal correction evenness.
- After treatment, properly dispose of syringe, residual product, needles, and cannulas.
- Schedule a follow-up consultation a few days after the injection.
- Depending on the patient, injection depth, and characteristics of the treated area, you may need to administer a second injection session. Administer follow-up injections regularly to help maintain the desired correction.
- This is a single-use product. Do not re-use. Use on more than a single patient risks cross-contamination.
- Do not resterilize. Inject immediately after opening and discard after injection.
- Not for injections other than into subcutaneous vulvar labia majora or vaginal mucous membrane.
- Not for injection into clitoral area or labia minora.
- Not for injection close to or within the urethra.
- Not for use in patients with a tendency to develop hypertrophic scars.
- Not for use in patients with a known hypersensitivity to hyaluronic acid, mannitol, or any other ingredient in this injectable.
- Not for use in pregnant women.
- Not for use in breastfeeding women.
- Not for use in children.
- Not for use in areas with clinical signs of inflammation or infection, including bacterial, fungal such as thrush, or viral such as papilloma or herpes. Not for use in patients after treatment for one of these infections.
- Not for use in blood vessels.
- If patient has a history of genital herpes, the needle punctures may trigger a new episode.
- Not for injection close to menstruation.
- Do not use quaternary ammonium derivatives for disinfection. These could irritate genital mucous membranes.
- Not for injection into blood vessels or muscles.
- If patient has a history of or currently has autoimmune disease or cancer in an area close to the injection site, decide case-by-case whether to inject, depending on nature of illness and associated treatment. Ensure special monitoring of these patients, including offering a double test before treatment and not injecting if the disease is active.
- Perform a double test before treating patients with a history of streptococcal disease including recurrent sore throat or acute rheumatic fever. The manufacturer does not recommend injecting if there is a history of acute rheumatic fever with cardiac localization.
- There is no clinical data on injecting this implant into an area corrected by implants of other brands, so the manufacturer does not recommend this.
- Do not use if package is open or damaged.
- Do not mix with other products.
- Do not use cannula if you are treating Female Sexual Dysfunction (FSD).
- For injection by legally-authorized practitioners with experience using injection techniques for similar products and with a good anatomical knowledge of treatment site.
- In the week before treatment, patient should avoid taking aspirin, NSAIDs, platelet aggregation inhibiting drugs, anticoagulants, or vitamin C.
- Patient should notify their doctor if they are undergoing anticoagulant treatment or have a haemostatic disorder, because there is an increased risk of haematomas.
- For ten days after injection, patients should avoid going to wet locations, such as swimming pools, gyms, steam rooms, and jacuzzis.
- For five days after injection, patient should avoid any sexual activity.
- For several days after injection, patient should avoid any activity that puts pressure on the treated area, including cycling and horseback riding.
- Slight bleeding after injection.
- Inflammatory reactions, such as redness, edema (swelling), erythema, itching, and pain at injection site.
- Indurations or nodules.
- Coloration or discoloration in injection area.
- Post-injection pain.
- Difficulty urinating or compression of the urethra.
- Rarely, necrosis (tissue death), abscess, granulomas, and hypersensitivity.
Injection-related reactions usually disappear after a few days. Adverse events may increase in patients with a severe predisposition to allergies, dermatological disease, haemostasis problems, or inflammatory disease. If side effects last longer than a week, or other adverse events appear, patient must notify their doctor. These may not be all the possible side effects.
This injectable helps rejuvenate the look and function of the vulvo-vaginal area during menopause or after childbirth. Using cross-linked hyaluronic acid, this filler helps restore moisture and volume to the labia majora, with mannitol to trap harmful free radicals. This volume restoration can help restore the aesthetic look of a youthful vulvo-vaginal area while helping protect the vulva from irritation.
- The results of this treatment usually last about a year or two.
- Your patients should return for treatments every year or two to help maintain their youthful volume.
Dermatologists, plastic surgeons, and other doctors use this injectable to help remodel the labia majora. This increased volume can help protect the vulva, helping reduce dyspareunia (painful intercourse), vulvodynia (chronic pain), irritation, discomfort, itching, or a sensation of heat, and the added moisture can help treat vaginal dryness, . Besides treating labia majora atrophy, this injectable can help treat Female Sexual Dysfunction (FSD).
As women reach a certain age, their tissues begin to shrink, especially in the labia majora area. Not only does this affect the look of the area, but the loss in volume can expose the vulva to irritation. Hyaluronic acid tends to hold moisture, restoring moisture to the area but also volume, and it can help trigger biostimulation, increasing collagen and elastin for improved tissue quality. With these two actions, the vaginal injectable can help restore a more youthful look to the vulvo-vaginal area.
You should administer these treatments about every one or two years to help maintain labia volume. Inject this filler subcutaneously or into the mucous membrane using a needle, then massage the treated area for even distribution within the tissue.
- Administer these treatments about every one or two years.
- Inject subcutaneously or into the mucous membrane with a needle.
- Gently massage the treated area, ensuring the gel is evenly distributed in the tissue.
The manufacturer does not recommend combining these treatments with injections of another dermal filler brand.
Store between 2° C and 25° C. Keep away from frost and light. Not adhering to storage conditions could alter the filler’s performance. Use before expiry date listed on package.
You can buy DESIRIAL® PLUS online at Doctor Medica by choosing a quantity and adding to cart. You can also phone a helpful customer service associate to order this vulvo-vaginal injectable or other cosmetic and medical supplies.
Through Doctormedica.co, cosmetic and orthopaedic products are offered wholesale to licensed practitioners, clinics and hospitals. Go to Doctormedica.co, call 1-866-343-2413, or e-mail [email protected] for more information.
*Doctor Medica offers only genuine products from the original manufacturers. All brands listed here are the trademarks of their respective owners and Doctor Medica is not affiliated with them in any way.