Procure Botox to Help Your Patients
What is Botox?
Botox is a popular brand of injectable botulinum toxin products. It is manufactured by Allergan, a global pharmaceutical company. This company has an extensive aesthetics and medical dermatology portfolio, providing medical professionals and patients with the most comprehensive science-based product offerings. Botox initially received Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval in 1991. it can treat a variety of aesthetic and neuromuscular-related conditions such as migraines, hyperhidrosis, and glabellar lines. Botox products are infused with botulinum toxin type A, a highly potent ingredient that works as a muscle relaxant to create smoother, younger-looking skin. Botox works by blocking neuromuscular transmission. The result is locally reduced muscle activity.
What products does the Botox brand consist of?
What conditions/problems can Botox products treat?
- Botox: to treat strabismus (cross-eyed), blepharospasm associated with dystonia (excessive blinking), severe axillary hyperhidrosis (excessive underarm sweating), cervical dystonia (neck muscles contracting and head tilt), upper limb spasticity (arm twitch), prophylaxis of migraine headaches
- Botox Cosmetic: to temporarily treat the appearance of moderate to severe glabellar lines (vertical lines between the eyebrows), moderate to severe forehead lines, and moderate to severe lateral canthal lines (crow’s feet)
How long do the results of these botulinum toxin injections last?
Botulinum toxin injections like Botox usually last around three months.
Are Botox products safe?
Botox injections demonstrate an excellent safety profile and are unlikely to cause any serious adverse effects. Having said that, Botox injections are contraindicated be used in those with a known allergy to any of the components in the formulation (to any botulinum toxin preparation). Botox should not be used when an infection is present at the injection site. Refer to the package insert for more safety information (including information about the contraindications) on Botox products.
Some of the side effects these products can cause include but are not limited to the following:
- Problems breathing or swallowing
- Spread of toxin effects
- Dry mouth
- Discomfort or pain at the injection site
- Neck pain
- Vision problems (e.g. blurred vision, double vision, drooping eyelids, decreased eyesight, swelling of the eyelids, and dry eyes)
- Drooping eyebrows
Is there recovery time associated with the products of this brand?
There is minimal downtime associated with the treatment of products from this brand. In most cases, patients may resume normal activities upon completion of treatment.
How much do Botox products cost?
The price of Botox products ranges from $279.00 to $449.00.
Explore Our Product Categories