Procure Restylane to Help Your Patients
What is Restylane?
Restylane is a type of injectable dermal filler designed to correct facial wrinkles and folds, and increase fullness in the lips. It is in gel form and contains non-animal stabilized hyaluronic acid (NASHA) as the active ingredient. Restylane is approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and Restylane Lyft is the first and only HA injectable gel to be FDA-approved for restoring fullness to the back of the hands. Restylane is a product of the brand Q-Med, a Swedish company within Galderma.
What products does the Restylane brand consist of?
What conditions/problems can Restylane products treat?
- Restylane SubQ: corrects fat loss in the face and creates or restores a more defined facial contour
- Restylane Lyft: for deep lines, facial contouring, and lip enhancement
- Restylane Refyne: provides a medium lifting effect and is ideal for moderate lines and wrinkles, such as the nasolabial folds (nose to mouth lines)
- Restylane Volyme: enhances or recontours facial features such as the cheekbones, cheeks, chin, or whole facial oval
- Restylane Defyne: smooths away deep wrinkles and folds such as nasolabial and marionette lines (mouth to chin lines)
- Restylane: corrects moderate wrinkles and lip enhancement
How long do the results of these dermal fillers last?
Hyaluronic acid fillers can last for six to nine months. The effect of Restylane depends on the area being treated, the amount of substance administered, and the metabolism of the individual. It tends to last longer in areas that are less mobile. It diminishes rapidly in areas that are more mobile, such as the lips.
Are Restylane products safe?
Restylane fillers are overall safe products that can be confidently used on patients. They should not be used in pregnant or breastfeeding patients, or individuals who have a history of severe allergies or anaphylaxis. Patients should not use these fillers if they are allergic to any of Restylane’s ingredients. Refer to the package insert for more safety information on any Restylane product, including contraindications.
Some of the side effects of these products include, but are not limited to, the following:
- nodule formation
- scabbing of the affected area
- pain and soreness
Is there recovery time associated with the products of this brand?
Your patients may experience pronounced swelling in the affected area that may last for up to three days. Although normal activities can be resumed after the procedure, it is strongly advised to avoid sun exposure. HA dermal fillers can diminish fine lines and wrinkles by up to 80 percent. Tell your patients to consult you immediately if they experience extreme pain or other negative symptoms that do not go away.
How much do Restylane products cost?
Patients can expect a single syringe of Restylane to cost between $300 and $800 in the United States. A second injection may be administered after six months. Negative effects become less prominent for subsequent injections.
Explore Our Product Categories