EMLA™ CREAM contains two medicines called lidocaine and prolicaine. These belong to a group of medicine called local anaesthetics.It is a local anesthetic used to help reduce pain and discomfort from medical procedures such as dermal filler and wrinkle relaxer injections.
Emla cream is a local anesthetic which can be bought in just five easy steps:
- Visit www.doctormedica.co
- Click on Brands
- Click on EMLA
- Click on EMLA Cream
- Click on the number of products needed
- Click on Add To Bag option
- Fill in the required shipping and payment details
The product will reach your door-step in two to seven working days.
Emla is a local anesthetic cream, used to numb an area of the skin before carrying out painful cosmetic or skin procedures.
- It makes the skin numb for potentially painful procedures like the following:
- Giving injection like botox
- Inserting intravenous (IV) catheter or collecting blood
- Minor surgeries, like skin grafting
- Surgically removing genital warts
- Cleansing ulcers
- It blocks pain receptors present in the skin
The cream is made up of anesthetic drugs lidocaine (2.5%) and prilocaine (2.5%).
Emla cream stabilizes the nerve membrane and inhibits initiation and conduction of pain impulse. Thus, it acts as a localized anesthetic agent, making skin procedures painless.
Apply Emla cream about an hour before pricking a needle or two hours before minor skin procedures.
- Select the area over which the procedure is to be performed
- Make sure that the skin in that area is intact and devoid of any wounds or ulcers. Skin areas with atopic dermatitis should be strictly avoided.
- Wash the area thoroughly with soap and dry it
- Squeeze the prescribed amount of cream directly on the selected area of the skin
- Gently spread it over the area (Do not rub it)
- Ensure that the eye area is left untouched
- Leave the applied cream on the target area for about 15 minutes to one hour
- Thoroughly remove the cream from the area, just before the procedure
Emla anesthetic cream is to be used before surgical procedures. You can apply this cream an hour or two before the procedure. Required skin numbing results are achieved before the procedure.
Emla cream is a local anesthetic agent, used for making certain minor surgical procedures or painful skin procedures painless. Lidocaine and prilocaine present in the cream block the pain receptors of the skin and provide anesthetic effect, which may last upto four hours. You can use this if you are performing procedures like insertion of IV catheter or surgically removing genital warts or debriding the ulcer or for minor skin surgery like skin grafting.
Emla can be applied on the skin of the face or around genitals for minor procedures.
The anesthetic effect of Emla cream lasts for about four hours.
Emla cream is intended for adults as well as children, who are undergoing minor cosmetic or dermatological procedures, which may be painful. These procedures include inserting an IV line or catheter or collecting blood, minor skin grafting surgery, cleansing ulcers, surgically removing genital warts or injecting local anesthetics into the genital area.
Emla cream is generally safe to use, but it may provoke some allergic reaction in some individuals and they may experience itching, burning, or stinging of the part applied on or it may cause swelling or redness of that part.